About This Blog

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved to learn new things. One of my favorite pastimes was following my mom around, telling her about all the stuff I learned in school that day, and hearing her say she was proud of the work I did. You see, wanting to know everything there is to know is an inherited trait from my mom's side of the family. It started with my grandparents, who loved nothing more than to sit and watch National Geographic together, and then it was passed on to my mom who is quite possibly the most curious person I've ever met.

The idea for my blog came to me about a year ago when I was walking my dog. I was looking at a tree, and all of the sudden I started thinking about things I could do with all the weird, random stuff I know. Then it came to me. What if I started a blog full of interesting facts that aren't common knowledge, where people like me and my family could go to and just read to their hearts content. And Cracked Egg Trivia was born. Although the name took a while. ;)

Every single thing I came up with was already taken. Then my mom suggested I use my old nickname in the title, egg. (And yes, I'm aware that's a pretty strange nickname. :P) I liked that idea so we started looking around, and then I started thinking of characteristics that I could combine it with. I've always thought I was little cracked, and I don't really think that's such a bad thing. It means I'm unique, and really aren't we all a little cracked? So when I thought of the two words together, cracked egg, I couldn't resist seeing if it was taken. It wasn't and here we are.

So I hope that all you "cracked eggs" like me can find this blog, and enjoy learning a bunch of weird, random facts alongside me. :D

Beth

Comments